SEO & PPC: How To Make It A Match Made In Heaven
SEO and PPC teams are usually seen working in isolation and do their best to conceal data from the prying eyes of the ‘rival’ team. They both work hard on strategies that drive more conversions and usually compete against each other to see which one of them delivers the most impressive results. However, have you ever considered that SEO and PPC could work together to deliver even more effective results?
We’ve seen quite a few changes in Google’s algorithm and Search Engine Results Page, demonstrating how Google continues tweaking the way in which online consumers receive content through organic and paid listings. Consumers are increasingly qualified, meaning strategists must grab their attention while meeting the demands of today’s search landscape. In such a challenging scenario, working on SEO and PPC as two diverging platforms is definitely not a good idea. Quite on the contrary, it is important to think of strategies in which these two disciplines can work together as a team.
Challenges For SEO Agencies
Google’s ongoing adjustments to the SERP layout aim to help Google improve the content quality and relevance of listings. Just as this makes Google a better service provider for consumers, it also presents new challenges for SEO agencies as they have to develop new methods for ranking within prime search listings.
Integrating SEO with PPC
Developing digital marketing campaigns that combine SEO with PPC is the only way to maximize traffic and conversion opportunities. Combining SEO and PPC data and strategies helps companies identify a multitude of critical data points dedicated to consumer behaviour, intentions and location. And as a result:
- It is easier to modify the organic keyword strategy,
- Easier to create and optimize new content to rank within specific geographic locations,
- You are able to apply exact phrases used by the target audience,
- Adjust your PPC budgets so that you only run ads within the most popular markets and effective time frames
- And finally you are able to align your PPC ads with their offline marketing schedule to maximize conversions.
Needless to say, the results at the end of the road are impressive.
Even though each team uses different tactics and systems to drive conversions, there is a huge amount of critical data that can be used to create a synergistic relationship. Here are some of the ways in which the SEO and PPC teams can join efforts and work together to drive conversions like never before:
- Share keyword data to increase the intelligence of your campaigns: Both teams rely on keyword research to identify terms that align with their target audience’s online behaviour, project traffic growth and drive qualified conversions. Since more consumers are using long-tail phrases when searching, both teams need to share keyword data in order to offer coordinated messages that keep brands top of mind.
- Set shared goals and combine metrics: Using the information both teams collect can support your brand’s inbound marketing campaigns. It provides brands with valuable insight regarding how consumers are interacting with certain digital properties and how they behave once they leave your site.
- Improve Production: Having SEO and PPC working together prevents the isolation of critical information and boosts productivity.
POLARIS is a London based SEO agency, offering PPC campaigns. For a free audit please email firstname.lastname@example.org